The Intern will play a supporting role in content curation and channel management under the guidance of our Creative Director. Ideal candidates should be detail oriented, creative and have a passion for connecting with consumers and telling brand stories through multiple social media channels. We are looking for someone who is highly organized and familiar with all aspects of social media, community management, content curation and copy writing. Potential interns should have an eagerness to learn, a winning personality and the ability to immerse themselves into the world of a brand.
Curate appropriate content and create original post/post ideas to be uploaded to multiple social media channels. Will work with our Creative Director on updating and managing our editorial calendar.
Creative writing abilities geared towards social media as well as long form posts is crucial. Copywriting will be a large component of this position.
Monitor real-time trends which we can align with and leverage, and interact with users/followers as a means to establish our social media presence.
Research & Strategic Development
Aid in the research and development of social media strategies for the agency.
Tracking & Reporting
Track the growth and impact of social media on our business and develop a status report to share findings with the team.
- Interest in and comfortable speaking within the business, startup, design, technology and LGBT communities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong creative writing abilities
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Prior experience working with and/or managing a social media account for a brand/client/agency
- Detail oriented and highly organized (in all aspects of your work flow)
- Creative! (in all respects, not limited to design)
- Willingness and ability to take on a variety of tasks
- Ability to adapt thinking and tone to multiple brand voices
- Previous social media and/or content marketing experience is a plus
- Design experience and knowledge of the creative suite a plus (not mandatory)
Candidate must have their own laptop to work with. To be considered please send cover letter, resume and any sample work.